8.14.2011

Margherita Pizza


This weekend my mom and sister came up to visit. We had a blast! One day was spent at the beach taking my sister's senior pictures, another lounging around the house, and one of the last included a trip to Trader Joe's. A couple of my favorite purchases were the Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce (We love this on pasta. I've never liked store-bought sauce, but I buy two jars every time I'm at Trader Joe's. It's that good.) and a big basil plant. The two inspired me to make a fresh margherita pizza.

Here's what you need:
-1 box Jiffy pizza mix
-Fresh basil leaves
-About 2 roma tomatoes
-Roughly 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese (I like cheesy pizza, ok?)
-Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce

Here's what you do:
-Make pizza dough according to instructions on box. (make sure to pre-bake the dough for about 3 min. before adding toppings)
-Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into thin pieces and cut basil leaves in half
-Cover pizza dough with as much marinara sauce as you like.
-Add tomatoes, mozzarella slices, and basil until pizza is covered.
-Bake according to box.

What I love about this pizza: it's fresh, the crust is thin and crunchy, and the marina adds an extra flavor that many margherita pizzas lack.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That pizza looks so good. Madie and I stopped off at the farmers market on the way home and picked up fresh tomatoes. So I'll def make it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...