6.16.2011

Summer Sandwiches (part 1)


Yum!

I haven't even finished my last bite and I'm already blogging about this sandwich. I had a sandwich like this about 6 years ago.  It has crossed my mind several times since then, but I could not find the recipe.

Finally today I realized I had to try to recreate this sandwich to the best of my memory, and boy am I glad I did. Jake said he would pay big money to eat this sandwich and thinks we should open a restaurant just because of it.

Here's what you need:

  • 3 TBS Mustard
  • 1 TBS Mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp Dried onions
  • Garlic powder
  • 1 loaf artisan bread sliced
  • Honey
  • Virginal ham sliced
  • Havarti Cheese sliced
  • Butter
Here's what you do:
  • Combine mustard, mayonnaise, dried onion, and a couple shakes of garlic powder.
  • Butter one side of the slices of bread (for cooking)
  • Spread mustard mixture on one slice, and honey on the other slice of bread (the side without butter)
  • Fill sandwich with ham and cheese.
  • Grill sandwich until both sides are golden brown, cheese is melted, and ham is hot.
I hope you enjoy this summer (or Winter or Spring or Fall) sandwich. Be watching; another summer sandwich is on its way.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...