2.09.2012

Chalkboard Paint Jars

SLOM Jar with lid IKEA Transparent; makes it easy to find what you're looking for.
I bought these jars from Ikea for our kitchen when Jake and I were first married. They have 4 different sizes which were perfect for fitting random ingredients for baking. I typically use them for things like sugar, rice, brown sugar, chocolate chips, you name it. They are cute enough by themselves, but I was getting tired of looking at the some old jars every time I was in the kitchen. So, when I bought Martha's chalkboard paint to make some Christmas presents, I saved some paint to spruce up these jars.


This paint comes in different colors. I used a grey because I LOVE grey.

Here's what you need:
-Multi-Surface Chalkboard Paint.
-Jars
-Paintbrushes
-Painter's tape (optional)
-Acrylic paint for accents (optional)

Here's what you do:
-Wipe down jars so you have a clean surface to work with.
-If you want to have clean rectangles, tape off your jar to make a rectangle.


-Apply the chalkboard paint to your jar in the shape you want (circle, rectangle, triangle, get creative!).
-Allow to dry according to the paint's directions. Reapply 2 to 3 times to create a solid surface.


-Let dry completely before removing tape. 
**While removing the tape, hold a finger over the painted area as you peel off the tape. This will help keep the chalkboard paint on the glass surface.
-Use another acrylic pain to add little accents to the jar (as shown in the photos).


You can even paint the top of the jars to look cute!



There you have it! You too can greatly improve your boring glass jars with just a little chalkboard paint!

Here's a look at each finished jar:

Like it?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...