2.13.2012

Valentine's Treat


It's almost Valentine's day! I'm not a huge Valentine's fan, but I like an excuse to bake something sweet and head out to dinner with my hubby. Tomorrow is the day to be extra nice to your sweetie. Why not make him a simple treat like this to sweeten up his day.

Here's what you do:
-Make a fresh batch of rice krispie treats.
-While still warm, press the mixture into a square pan.
-Place Valentine's M&Ms on top of the treats.
-Cut into squares and serve!

Sometimes I feel like I need to make up for my lack of compliment giving by baking... (It's my love language). Jake's love language is words of affirmation, and he's great at giving me compliments. Here's one of my favorite/funniest compliments he's given me:

I had just finished putting on my makeup and sat down next to Jake. He was about to compliment me on how good it looked, but stopped himself and rephrased it to this:

"Wow, Teesha. Your face makes your makeup look so good!"

He's smart, that man.

My challenge to you this Valentine's is to use your spouse's love language to make his day special. Don't know what your or your spouse's love language is? Try this quiz.

I hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day with your sweetie!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...