4.16.2011

You Should "Chai" This!

Ah... the sweet taste of Chai.  Even when I was in elementary schoool I loved to sip on this delectable drink.  Luckily, it provides me with something to order when my husband decides to go to Starbucks (I can't really drink coffee). I have grown to love it so foundly, that I decided to make my own iced version (adapted from Martha Stewart).

What you need:
  • 1 1/2 cup chai concetrate (Oregon Chai is my favorite... I'm kind of biased though, since I live here!)
  • 1 cup half and half (Don't judge.... I'm pretty sure Starbucks uses whole cream.  That's right!  It's not called "Chai Cream" because they use low-fat milk.  See, my recipe is getting healthier and healthier by the second!)
  • Cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups ice (you can add more later if you want it thicker)
What you do:
  • Add chai, half and half, ice, and a couple shakes of cinnamon to a blender.
  • Blend until the ice is in little bits and pieces.
  • Serve with extra cinnamon sprinkled on top or even whipped cream (personally, I think the whipped cream always tries to one-up the chai, and I just end up hating the whipped cream... so you might want to play it safe and leave your chai naked)

From my tiny kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...