1.11.2012

My 'Stache of Pillows


I bought two pillows from Ross right after Jake and I got married. They added a pop of red to my living room, but ended up super flat and lost all of their fluffiness after a couple of months. They stayed on my couch for over a year until I finally realized I could transform them into smaller pillows using the stuffing inside. I am totally into the mustache trend that is going on right now, so I made my own mustache pillows!

Here’s what you do: (sorry I don’t have step-by-step pictures)
-Measure and cut your fabric for your pillow.
-Create a mustache stencil using a couple pieces of cardstock taped together.
-Lay stencil over the front piece of fabric, and spray until the area being stenciled is covered. (this will not create perfect lines, but I was really impressed with how well it turned out.)
-Sew and stuff your new pillow case.

I noticed that some of the spray paint didn’t set completely, so I sprayed it with some hairspray to help it set. (If you know of a better product I can use next time, please let me know)

I hope this inspires you to make your own pillow. Whether it’s a mustache or something else I would love to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...