3.13.2011

Chicken and Lemon Penne Pasta


Yum, yum, yum!  I really like this dish.  It's refreshing and unique.  I know this is more of a summer dish, but I'm craving summer.... or maybe just sunlight in general.  This meal makes me feel like summer is right around the corner.  I used this Pioneer Woman recipe and made a few changes.


What you need: (serves 2-3 people)
  • 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts (I marinaded mine with Olive oil, Montreal Chicken seasoning, and Italian seasoning)
  • 1/2 box Penne Pasta
  • 2 Tbs Butter
  • 2 whole Lemons
  • 1/2 cup Half and half
  • 3/4 cup Shredded Parmesan
  • 8-10 whole Basil Leaves
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
What you do:
  • Grill the chicken
  • Cook pasta (Save 1/2 cup of the water when draining)
  • Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat
  • Squeeze the lemon juice into the pot (Before you cut the lemons in half, roll the whole lemons on the counter.  I heard on a cooking show that this helps the juice come out easier.  I don't know if it's true, but I do it)
  • Whisk until combined
  • Add the half-and-half (keep whisking until everything it hot)
  • Throw in the cheese and whist it all until it's combined and saucy
  • Add some of the pasta water until your sauce has a smooth consistency
  • Add salt and pepper to taste
  • Combine the pasta with the sauce, sprinkle the chopped basil over the pasta, and place the sliced chicken on top.
  • Serve and Enjoy!
From my tiny kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...