3.15.2011

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

Ah, garlic, basil, and sun-dried tomato.  If I go out to eat and see a dish with those ingredients, there's no doubt I will be ordering it.  For this dish, I decided to combine three of my loves to make a tasty chicken dish.  Enjoy!
If this looks a little overcooked... it's probably because I left it in a tad too long... It still tasted yummy though!

What you need:
  • 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup Fresh basil leaves
  • 3 Garlic cloves
  • Olive oil
  • Salt/ Pepper
  • Your favorite Italian cheese, shredded (I used an Italian blend because I just couldn't decide... ok, maybe it's because it was one of the 5 items in my refrigerator)
What you do:
  • Preheat oven to 450 F
  • Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil
  • In a food processor add sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, a splash of olive oil, and salt and pepper (I did a little dash of both, but some people like more... It's up to you)
  • Blend until there are not any big chunks of tomato or basil
  • Lightly oil the aluminum foil
  • Place chicken breasts on the foil
  • Scoop the sun-dried tomato mixture onto the chicken breast
  • Sprinkle
  • Bake for about 30 min  (Temp your chicken to be sure)

Serve this with your favorite salad and a nice baguette!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...