3.21.2011

Garlic Chicken Fajitas


I am a big fan of fajitas.  When I was young I always chose the wrong meal at our local Mexican food restaurant.  Therefor, I dragged my feet any time i knew we were having a Mexican dish for dinner.  That was until I tasted fajitas.  My life was changed.  I'm sure you know the feeling.

For this next dish, I decided to make chicken fajitas with garlic; because everything tastes better when it's covered with loads of garlic.

What you need: (For 2-3 people)
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Cloves garlic minced
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1 Red bell pepper sliced
1/2 Onion sliced
1 Avocado sliced
1/2 cup (or more) Shredded cheese
1 Can black beans
Tortillas

What you do:

  • In a non-stick frying pan warm a tablespoon or two of oil, the minced garlic, and garlic powder on Med-High.
  • Add chicken breasts to the pan.  After 10 min. flip and cook for another 10 min. (Slice when finished)
  • Heat a tablespoon of oil in another pan.  Add onions and red pepper.  Stir occasionally until vegetables are softened.
  • Heat black beans and warm tortillas.
  • Add all ingredients to the tortillas and enjoy!
This is an easy and delicious dinner that will please everyone!

From my tiny kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...