3.08.2011

Quick Cinnamon Rolls


The sun rarely shines where I live... forgive my weird food photos. I'm looking forward to summer!

There are days when I crave homemade cinnamon rolls, but don't have the time to wait a million hours for them to rise. This inspired me to make my own easy recipe using just a couple ingredients. Enjoy!

Dough (I started with the Bisquick Shortcake recipe and made a couple changes)

What you need:
2 1/3 c. Bisquick Mix
1/2 c. milk
2 1/2 TBS Sugar
3 TBS Butter (melted)
1 tsp Cinnamon

Filling:
3 TBS Butter (Softened)
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 c. butter softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 425 F

What you do:
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dough together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Flour a large surface and roll dough evenly (about 1/4 inch thick)
3. Spread the 3 tablespoons of butter all around the top of the dough
4. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling; sprinkle evenly on the buttered dough (Mmmm... buttered dough... doesn't that sound good?!)
5. Roll into a big log (Like you did when you played with play-dough)
6. Slice into 1 inch pieces (They're starting to look like cinnamon rolls, right?)
7. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes (make the frosting now)
9. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the frosting.

When it's all done, frost the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!

I liked these even better cold on the next day. I'm weird like that!


From my tiny kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...